Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Aathaa naan pass aayitaen








Onion fried in oil with garlic and ginger, a small piece of chilli, a quarter of a tomato, pulao masala, beans, carrot, green peas, a little bit of salt, one cup of rice, two cups of water - all was fine until I woke up to the fire alarm that went off when my kitchen got engulfed in smoke and my neighbours started banging at my door. Well, I wanted to type something like that, but then nothing of that sort happened because I just had a good dinner of the vegetable pulao that I made myself for the first time in my life.

Now then, what does the title mean? It's a famous dialogue in a tamil movie where the village-girl heroine comes running and says "Mom, I've passed (the exam)". So, I'm now all set for my one year stay at Northpark, San Jose - this 700 sq. ft. single bedroom apartment is just cool. Microwave, TV, Dishwasher, Fridge, Washer, Dryer, a balcony, and then a gym, a swimming pool, a jacuzzi, a nice park, a Pontiac car - I've started my fun here.

3 comments:

  1. I see you are busy.. no updates ?
    how is life ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we missed you at the wedding. Lekin kuch pane ke liye kuch khona padata hai, and you move on hoping it is worth it. We all do.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification, but a lot of spam these days