Saturday, January 03, 2009

What is your Zodiac Sign?

I remember I used to hate about all the fuss over zodiac signs once upon a time, I think that was around the same time I used to wonder about all the fuss about God and if I am not wrong that was probably the time I was buried in my text books at school. That was the time when I used to think someone is either really good or really bad, when I used to think why shouldn't the world end that day when I forgot to do the homework, when I used to think my parents should never die, and probably when I used to think I can get away with my mistakes. But everything changed in a gradual span of a few years as I grew from a child to a boy to a man. I am eagerly waiting to analyze my transition from a man to a husband to a father.

One such feeling that I have always strongly held against is "love at first-sight". I used to wonder how can that ever happen. Of course, it can't happen when you don't know anything about yourself, forget about knowing others. But as you sail through the ocean of life, and keep "meeting" a dozen people almost everyday, you slowly start to understand what you're and what others are. You can never master, but then you definitely learn so much.

Well, I met a girl a few days back and we just had one hour of conversation when I realized that I've never "met" anyone like her before. She was almost exactly like how I imagined (if at all I did) my wife should be. We knew each other for around a year, but that was the first time we spent even five minutes together. I just saw my reflection in her and she saw hers in mine. We've spent more hours together now, and we've still not discovered anything tangential in our characters. Starting from daily activities, our perceptions on life, our ideas about relations and you name it, we think alike. I knew she was married, even before we met, else I'm not sure if I would've stopped myself from falling in love at first-sight (or may be at first-chat) with her.

So, I started doing some research about zodiac signs and compatibilities to see if that answers this feeling of "immediate" liking and I find "There will be love at first-sight between Taurus and Virgo". I was just blown away in surprise. There was no more surprise left in me when I noted that most of my closest friends belong to one of the five sun signs below that are compatible with Virgo. I realized we are all lesser mortals and that there is probably someone who knows everything about everyone, may be that could be God. I thought I'll store my research and some pointers in this blog so that I can come back and visit this as I meet more people.

Just hoarding for future research:
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/zodiac-sign-compatibility-traditionally-compatible-sun-signs.html
http://www.india-server.com/astrology/
http://www.gotohoroscope.com/compatibility.html
http://theastrologyroom.com/guides/zodiac-symbols-and-their-meanings

12 SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC:
  • Aries, Mar 21 - Apr 20
  • Taurus, Apr 21 - May 21
  • Gemini, May 22 - Jun 21
  • Cancer, Jun 22 - Jul 22
  • Leo, Jul 23 - Aug 23
  • Virgo, Aug 24 - Sep 22
  • Libra, Sep 23 - Oct 22
  • Scorpio, Oct 23 - Nov 21
  • Sagittarius, Nov 22 - Dec 21
  • Capricorn, Dec 22 - Jan 20
  • Aquarius, Jan 21 - Feb 19
  • Pisces, Feb 20 - Mar 20
CLASSIFICATION:
  • Fire: Aries, Leo and Sagittarius : passionate, energetic, creative and aggressive
  • Air: Gemini, Libra and Aquarius : thinkers, idea originators and truth seekers
  • Water: Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces : emotional, creative and intuitive
  • Earth: Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn : sensual, hard working, sincere and practical
COMPATIBILITIES:
Fire-Air and Water-Earth are compatible to each other.
  • Aries: Leo, Sagittarius, Aquarius, Gemini, Libra
  • Taurus: Virgo, Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio
  • Gemini: Libra, Aquarius, Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
  • Cancer: Scorpio, Pisces, Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn
  • Leo: Sagittarius, Aries, Libra, Gemini, Aquarius
  • Virgo: Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
  • Libra: Gemini, Aquarius, Leo, Sagittarius, Aries
  • Scorpio: Cancer, Pisces, Capricorn, Virgo, Taurus
  • Sagittarius: Leo, Aries, Libra, Aquarius, Gemini
  • Capricorn: Virgo, Taurus, Scorpio, Pisces, Cancer
  • Aquarius: Gemini, Libra, Aries, Sagittarius, Leo
  • Pisces: Cancer, Scorpio, Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo
No wonder - Virgo is first on Taurus' list and Taurus is first on Virgo's list. :-)

Anyway, as always these are only guidelines and all sources say that the happiest couple need not be in the above "compatible" list and the unhappiest couple could well be in the above "compatible" list.

9 comments:

  1. naatamai... ippo puriyudhu... i totally agree with virgo - taurus compatibility... adhunaaladhaan unna paartha udanae enakku love vandhiruchu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats dude, wish u more taurs, virgos, capris, pisces in life :) and ofcourse watever sign your wifey will be, in case she is not one of these ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, if my wife is not one of these, the last few lines will be my mantra.

    "Anyway, as always these are only guidelines and all sources say that the happiest couple need not be in the above "compatible" list and the unhappiest couple could well be in the above "compatible" list."

    ReplyDelete
  4. kanda naal mudhalaa kaadhal perugudhadinu paada vendiyadhu dhaan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fafu,
    Nee hun'nu sollu.. avan right leg'gayu, left hand'dayu chop pannidalaam !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stuff like this makes you confident of the "arranged marriage" concept.. it would probably take just one meeting to make that connection and trust that person to be your better half.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Believe it or not.. I too met a girl two weeks back.. and I too felt the same... the only difference was that I was sure that I would have proposed to her if she was not married.
    I met her while catching a plane and I am still in touch with her..

    machi.. U took a leaf out of my life and wrote it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good discussions..only one thing I fail to comprehend. With people so evolved in thought, why is being married still a blocking factor to propose to someone? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just to quote myself from my previous blog on "I hate rules as much as I hate to break them" - follow the rule as long as it is required to maintain harmony, the moment you realize breaking it is going to create better harmony, go ahead and break it if it does not do a perceived harm to anyone.

    I'm not sure if there's no perceived harm to anyone if I break rules here. :)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification, but a lot of spam these days