Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My evolution

[Read the Apr 13 post before this]

Evolution, I thought was mostly about monkey becoming man. But yes, as we all know, there's an evolution happening internally in each one of us as we grow. I've changed so much, within myself from the simplest things to the most complex things of life. One simple example, I had never hesitated to borrow something from a friend during college days, be it a little bit of shampoo or some money. But now, I prefer not to do that. I didn't have a blazer for my ISB interview, but I decided to go without it than borrow. Yes, I'm liking being less dependent. I'm sure many of you are feeling the same way too.

A few days back, some of us, old friends had a get-together and they wanted to watch a movie. It's been really long since I stopped watching movies unless there's no other better way to spend the time together. A few years back, I would've been the first person to suggest a movie. But now I said "No, I don't want to watch any movie". Well, that's another change, I've started saying no for things I don't like.

Yesterday, I saw my street getting leveled with bulldozers and road-rollers. I asked them "So finally, road"? They said "No, the MLA's father has expired, we're leveling road to the graveyard". What a reason to get the road leveled! Not long ago, I would've just had a hearty laugh at this. But yesterday, I got angry. This feeling of anger and frustration at things around me about which I am not able to do anything, is definitely a change in me.

But, the most wonderful change of all, I have learnt to move on. I didn't expect I would forget about my girlfriend within a month's time of losing her. Now and then she definitely haunts me, but I think I'll be able to manage. Yes, I've found a new girlfriend. We're planning to get engaged in a couple of weeks; marriage would be sometime early next year. I have uploaded her picture in picasa. More details about her soon.

3 comments:

  1. i know what exactly you mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house pic looks good !

    ReplyDelete
  3. house pic has a unreal (cartoon) phirangi standing on the first floor and two real ladies walking infront of it :)) .. House looks good, enjoy maadi

    ReplyDelete

Sorry for the word verification, but a lot of spam these days