Friday, June 05, 2009

"India is a completely safe country"

Those are the words of our Home Minister P. Chidambaram who I guess is more optimistic than I'm, and I'm pathetically optimistic about everything. I remember he said as a finance minster "Our market fundamentals are strong, whatever has happened is a small market correction and our markets will stabilize from now" when the sensex dropped from 20K to 15K. But we all know that it went from there till 9K. Anyway, economy is anyone's guess, so what he said as a Finance Minister is what anyone at that crucial post should do, to spread "positive sentiments".

But now I can't agree to what he says.

US in its travel advisory on India has said "As terror attacks are a serious and growing threat, US citizens in India are urged to always practice good security, including maintaining a heightened situational awareness and a low profile". Now PC replies "India is a safe place, it is safer than many other countries in the world. Thousands of tourists come to India and we look forward to welcoming them." The same day there is high alert in South Indian cities for possible terror attacks by three terrorists.

What has being safer than many other countries got to do with what the US thinks about India. I feel India is definitely unsafe and I advise all foreign citizens, especially from countries safer than India, to please take care of themselves; I don't think India is a safe country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification, but a lot of spam these days