Wednesday, January 05, 2011

All my ISB courses

Some had asked me for courses that ISB offers. It is available on this link, but let me also store here the courses I did, just so I can answer later when someone asks me "What the heck did you study at ISB?". The first four are core terms and the last four are elective terms.

Term 1
.... Statistical Methods for Management Decisions
.... Financial Accounting in Decision Making
.... Marketing Management
.... Managerial Economics

Term 2
.... Competitive Strategy
.... Decision Models and Optimization
.... Global Economics
.... Marketing Decision Making

Term 3
.... Entrepreneurship
.... Operations Management
.... Managerial Accounting and Decision Making
.... Corporate Finance

Term 4
.... Management of Organizations
.... Government, Society and Business
.... Investment Analysis
.... Strategic Analysis of Information Technology

I am trying to complete a double specialization in Strategy and Marketing. I hope I am able to, maybe I might just end up with one if I don't have the energy to do enough courses in term 8. The ones in [brackets] are those that I just attended without taking them.

Term 5
.... Pricing
.... Entrepreneurial Decision Making
.... Corporate Development, Mergers & Acquisitions
.... Business-Business Marketing
.... [International Finance]

Term 6
.... Power and Politics
.... Marketing Services
.... International Marketing
.... Negotiation Analysis
.... Managing Teams
.... [Financial Statements Analysis]

Term 7 (kept a little light for placements)
.... Technology Strategy Consulting
.... Strategic Challenges for Innovation based Start-ups
.... Economics of Strategy

Term 8
.... Consumer Behaviour
.... Rural Marketing
.... Indian Financial System
.... Project Management

I don't think I could have found any other better way to learn so much in one year. I am sure any MBA program around the world is equally wonderful, if not better. For that matter I think any kind of education is going to teach us wonderful things. But wait, isn't life itself a wonderful teacher? Ok, let me stop philosophies and get back to talking about ISB. The prominent disadvantage of ISB compared to other top B-schools of the world is that other than the exchange students, there is only a handful of students with no Indian origin. But one distinct advantage is that most of the professors here are visiting, so the world's best faculty teaches at ISB.

Just give up life before you come for an MBA and I assure you there will be sufficient compensation. But before that, prepare for three months and take the GMAT :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry for the word verification, but a lot of spam these days